Sunday 8 July 2018

Feeling a little lazy this weekend

I'm really hot a hot weather person so the breeze we have had over the past three days has been very welcome. Especially when I was cooking this morning. I'm trying to plan better for the week so I don't come home and fall on the cheese on toast.

Oven baked onion bhajis - just an experiment at the moment. I think I may need to ramp up the chilli a bit to compensate for the lack of oil.  I fried them gently in a tiny bit of coconut oil first and then made a spicy batter with chick pea flour and water. They don't have the same crispy fried texture but the ones you get from the take-away are absolutely dripping in oil. (Damn, my mouth's watering)
Little turkey mince patties flavoured with chilli and lemon and black pepper.  I'll serve these with yoghurt and mint and some salad for supper tonight and freeze the rest.

There was a little bit of broccoli skulking in the fridge so I made some broccoli and spinach soup, served with a sprinkling of seeds - and it matches my latest crochet square!
I'm watching the British Grand Prix and making more squares. I've made 38 so far but need two sets of 54 to make little decoration drapes for the back of my new garden seat.  I bought some paint for it this morning - Daisy White Cuprinol so if I can drag my sorry butt into the garden when it cools down I'll do some painting.  I have some cushions for them and the germ of an idea for covering them to match.

There's not much more going on here at the moment I'm afraid to report. I tend to lose my quilting mojo in the summer months but hopefully the preparations for the class will spur me on.  I'm looking forward to going to a workshop at High Street Quilting on 4th August - on the other end for a change.

Lethargy is pulling at me and when I have washed all the dishes I used earlier I'm giving in to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment