The step back this weekend was to get out some things that are so overdue for finishing. I would be embarrassed if I were't a quilter. Quilter's lose their ability to feel bad about having so many unfinished objects (UFOs). If we didn't we would go mad. But I won't go there.
This is the quilt I have chosen to complete, hell or high water this week.
I've been preparing fabric for quilting my Snowball and Nine Patch made from Tilda material.
Thoughts turn to love at this time of year so a little embroidered heart was in order. This can be made easily in an evening - I actually ended up making two because I left one (with some patterns) at High Street Quilting and then made another one for Steph. First I traced the design on the right side of the fabric (which was stabilised with vilene),
My father used to say he wanted to write a novel and he had made a start by sharpening all his pencils and numbering the pages in anticipation from 1-1000. In that spirit I am making a to-do list for this holidays:
1. Spring clean the kitchen
2. Wash all washable curtains
3. Decorate hall and landing
4. Finish orange quilt and lay out other UFOs in order
5. Visit dental hygienist for three monthly appointment
6. Edit blog and refresh design
7. Paint (as in Shabby Chic) a cabinet I've had for over a year
8. Write pattern for orange quilt
9. Bake something delicious
10. Tidy fabric collection (Now come on - maybe a job too large)
11. Sit on sofa and stare into space.
12. Have Ben and Max overnight on Friday or Saturday
So - it's nearly 9am on Day One - I'd better get cracking - starting with getting dressed! See you next week with my progress - although I think Number 11 may end up being the most fulfilled!