I didn't feel like quilting this weekend so I dug through my yarn piles to find something to tickle my fancy. I can't sit doing nothing. There has to be something in my hands. A little frisson of pleasure when I alighted on my collection of hand dyed yarns from the Natural Dye Studio (sadly now defunct)
It took a few experiments (more than shown here!) to make the half hexagon equivalent which I pencilled into the book for posterity.
I've found a fix for the other edges from Polka Dot Cottage which I'll try this weekend. The project is 12 x 7 motifs at the moment but I will be making in 20 motifs wide and as long as I can with the available yarn. Amanda Perkins and her daughter ran the Natural Dye Studio but stopped a couple of years ago, not long after I discovered them. She still designs gorgeous things though.
Sorry about the dull photos - the light is naff at the moment and I'm not the best at taking pictures.
When I was looking for something to do I came across these
which I made last year adapted from a wall quilt I made a few years ago.
I made the first three months and then flitted to another flower. So now I will come back to the mini-quilt flower and make three more! (April, May and June). The patterns are all there from the original wall quilt so it is just a case of cutting out the minis and cuddling down with a needle and thread.
I've still go a pattern to make for a little gift bag for easter so I must settle down to that first....
I tried a little reverse appliqué but I don't think I like that.
They are about 5" high and will fit three creme eggs or some little mini eggs.
Pop back at the weekend to see the little bunny motif and an updated egg motif.