Monday 27 May 2019

My life is a blur

And I don't need my eyes testing! Head test more like! One of the patients laughed at me when I asked him to hang on while I single tasked. There's nothing worse than having someone turn up unexpectedly because you haven't put their appointment in.

I just feel like life is a roller-coaster with little nuggets of time when I can just sit on my own and meditate over some kind of project.

So this little stash became this little neck wrap (52" unblocked as yet)

With this much yarn left
I ran out of the terracotta before the end of the cast off. I'd already pulled it back two rows so I just used some of the blue to finish the last 23 stitches. A picot cast off takes more yarn than I expected.
It was the ultimate in meditative knitting - garter stitch increased on one side and decreased on the other to make an asymmetric little shawl /neck wrap.

I'll get back to the second sock now.  I cast it on in the good light yesterday afternoon.  It's pretty dark  yarn which is difficult to see in artificial light, although once you get into the rhythm of the pattern you can work in lower light conditions.
I got so caught up in the pattern that I went past the measurement for starting the heel turn on the first one, so instead of unpicking it I just carried on and will put an 'afterthought heel' in. I'm experimenting to find the best way to knit socks. Also the best fit. These I think will be a tad on the small side. I might hit the happy medium next time. Or my butterfly brain will alight on a different craft for a while.

The Battenberg Blanket is nearly half way done now. I'm on row 6 of the 15 rows but all the coloured squares are done. So by my calculations I need another 54 cream squares. I have nearly six balls of yarn left which will do 36+ squares. I'll need extra for the borders too.....  Again this is a meditative make because the individual squares are so simple and Cherry Heart's Sandra has done a great tutorial for joining the squares together.

On the stitching front I made a little accordian pouch
 from a pattern on YouTube (Shabby Fabrics Tutorials)
She has an amazing amount of really good tutorials although I did alter the pattern and make it full size. Karin, my BFF, will be getting a pouch in japanese fabrics ( I have a few in my collection erhem).  I have got an urge to make a hybrid of this and the Sew Together Bag

They are based on similar ideas -so we shall see. I would like to make one that doesn't have an equivalent number of swear words to stitches.  I know how to make it now (the pattern is very poor). 

Both of these were made from Tilda Fabrics which are incredibly expensive in comparison with other quilting fabrics so little projects are less painful on the budget than a full quilt would be. 

My black hen has decided to go broody so I just have white eggs at the moment. 
Actually I think I'll make a frittata as there are a large number of eggs in the kitchen which need using. Maybe a Victoria Sponge too.

There is curry tonight for tea (leftovers from last night), it is made with coconut milk which I love. If I can haul my idle butt off the sofa I'll make some bolognese sauce and portion it up for the freezer so there is just the pasta to cook when I get home from work.

I've enjoyed these past two days which have come at a time when everything seems to be a blur of activity. I can't multi task like I used to and my brain aches when I don't have the choice. 

The Hand Quilting Workshop I ran on Saturday was a hive of activity and chatter until the ladies started stitching. The whole place went silent as they fell into deep concentration.  Hilary and I thought we should have done a before and after blood pressure reading as the calm descended on the stitchers.  I might bring one of the monitors from work and test that out!

Will and Alex went to Caister to visit Alex's grandparents this weekend so I was on kitten/rabbit/hen duty. All survived I'm happy to report. I can hear the key in the back door - here are Will and Alex to collect their keys so I'll sign off now.

Happy stitching everyone.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends. check this site

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is an outstanding post! “I’ll be back” (to read more of your content). Thanks for the nudge! indian visa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any approach you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks
    Kanados turistinÄ— viza

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found useful information on this topic✅. Thank you posting relative information and its currently becoming easier to complete this project
    Real Estate Business Plan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am unable to read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today. This is very well written and your points are well-expressed. Please, don’t ever stop writing. check this link

    ReplyDelete
  7. The most interesting text on this interesting topic that can be found on the net ... website

    ReplyDelete