Sunday 18 December 2016

The Missing Weeks

Next in line for quilting- I rather like the asymmetrical bits of this quilt - I've called it Sands of Time because it is made up of hour glass blocks and, although you can't see from the photo, all the fabrics have little dots on them. I thought it was quite a good opener for this blog which follows hard on the heels of my last blog. Missing weeks - well quite a few. Six months ago? Really?
Reasons, not excuses. My assistant at work was off for a few weeks following an operation and, due to lack of spare cash I decided not to get a temp in to replace.  The girls at work all pulled together but all the financial expertise resides in the two of us, so that left me (and a fair pile of stuff to greet her on her return). Of all the people in our department she is has one of the heaviest workloads and gets on with it so well that you only realise how much she does when she isn't there. Anyhow she is back and has managed to catch up with the things that we agreed to leave for her return. I feel like a weight has been lifted and am ready to charge ahead. Extra workload does not sit lightly on an old chook like me, so other things had to give. Then you get out of the habit and although I have read and re-read all the blogs I follow I just couldn't get back into the swing of writing weekly. And then there is Autumn Term.....  We broke up on Friday and I made myself a to-do list:

  • Sleep the clock round
  • Take down some cobwebs (they only exist when I have my glasses on)
  • Eat some chocolate
  • Wander aimlessly around the garden centre for an hour
  • Finish sewing the binding on a quilt.

Well I'm happy to report I did four out of the five. Since I haven't got my glasses on I can't see the only one I missed.

This is the quilt that I have just finished binding - I'll share some better pics when I can take them in good light. I have it wrapped around my legs now.
Finished at last is a little lap quilt (about 48" square) made from flannels and other homespuns. I love it.  I have had a little problem with my Cloud storage (damn you autofill! - I'll explain later) so I have some work to do to gather my pictures back into one place.

So, as Christmas day approaches, I will gather all the photos I have taken since May and make a little gallery - just a quick tour because I have not done as much stitching and crafting as I normally do. Hopefully I will be back in the swing and more organised.  I am only working a couple of days over the Christmas period so I am intending to rest my poor old bones ready for 2017. I like the number seventeen - it's a prime number!

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of your 'to-do' list. A very precise list of jobs that I may have to copy when I finish work tomorrow. The last one I may replace with deciding on my next crochet project. have a wonderful Christmas Brendie and it's been lovely to read your new post, B xx

    ReplyDelete