Friday 8 September 2017

Hot on the Heels of the Boxes

I had some fabric left over from the boxes shown in the last post so I decided to make a table centre:
 This should work about 24" across when it's finished
It consists of four diamonds (made eight times). I have actually finished piecing this but didn't have a big enough square of wadding without breaking into one that I have set aside for a Durham Quilt.

The wadding is summer weight cotton which I got from the Sundown Quilt Show in June. It is really soft and drapy but it came off a roll and I can't remember who makes it. Not the normal companies.

Pictures of that when I either find or buy some 80/20 wadding.

Had an urge for custard creams this week but I didn't have time to chill the dough before cooking so I made little round ones that I rolled into balls and flattened - they tasted the same but looked very home-made!
I saw something on Pinterest this week and decided I HAD to do it.  Hilary at High Street Quilting has some gorgeous cotton lawn in at the moment which is just perfect.  I made a paper mock-up because I wasn't quite sure of the measurements
 I cut out one and stitched a sample ( I like to tack but I could have starched and/or used fabric glue)
 I love the delicate feel of the lawn.
 I cut out more centres (iron on wadding would help this process)
 I cut and tacked the outer hexagons
 Then spent a happy afternoon assembling them.


I loved doing this - you have to be incredibly accurate with cutting and stitching
 All seams are on the bias

I might make a Christmas version too.....  sorry did I say that word in September?


No comments:

Post a Comment