Sunday 8 January 2017

So many plans

January is such a strange month - we all have so many plans but how do we get them going and not let half of them fall by the wayside - or should we have so many so that we don't run out of things to do?

I have been looking forward to this weekend for a while - Crochet Along begins!
The yarn has been here since before Christmas and the pattern was published on Friday. I'm not normally a fan of Blocks of the month type projects because I want mine to be at least a little bit different. The Moorland Blanket is an exception.
These are the first rows I have done,  but each row stripe takes about forty minutes and there are twenty to do before Friday. Not possible. So now I'm on the back foot and although I'm loving it I feel slightly sad that I know I'm going to have trouble keeping up. Strange things we human beings!
I saw some almond butter in the shops and decided to try it as a change from peanut butter. I suppose I have never had peanut butter from anything but a jar so have never had to squeeze some out on to my toast. The oil separates from the more natural versions and - well- it's not quite as appetising as I expected, bit turd like. I ignored the resemblance.  Tastes ok.

How do you get from quiet and tidy to mayhem in less than three minutes? Invite some children of course!
They managed to empty the entire contents of their toy boxes on to the floor (not in shot) - but ended up playing with my keyboard and a cardboard box.

Well all the Christmas decorations are safely packed away and this weekend's list was long. But here I sit on Sunday afternoon having achieved very little this weekend.

Got called in to babysit for a couple of hours over lunch yesterday, John and Steph were both working and their times co-incided.  Will needed a hand to build an extension to our biosphere so the hens had more room. The housing order has been extended to 28th February because some cases of bird flu have been found in wild birds.  Luckily there was a sale at the garden centre so I go more polythene. Housework always gets in the way of my best laid plans, dammit, and I am resisting the urge to rush around at the moment.

I decided to make a load of soups for next week instead of eating winter comfort food which actually gives very little comfort when added to the hips.
Leek, broccoli, spinach and kale and a pepper and sweet potato soup with chilli. May have overdone the chilli though.

I have a pattern to write, ironing to do, it's sunny so I should really go out for a walk and soak up some vitamin D.  And I can't be bothered.

Oh man this gets on my nerves.

I get on my nerves.

It's January - my least favourite month of all the year. It happens annually - get over it.

The urge for mega fresh fruit and vegetables has been calling to me so I made some smoothies (Spinach, avocado pear, apples, pineapple, cucumber for the green one and orange, beetroot, ginger and carrots for the red one. These juices and smoothies are fantastic pick me ups - I don't know why I don't have them more often. They taste stunning - much better than eating plates of vegetables which I just wouldn't do anyway. The hens enjoy the leftovers too. I have them instead of a meal so they're not really extra expensive.

Now the yarn is whispering to me - tempting me to pick up my hook and forget about the things I should do.

I've got enough clean clothes to ignore the ironing for another day. So eyes down and hooks away!

1 comment:

  1. So much crafting and so little time! The story of our lives?
    Enjoy your new blanket. It looks like great fun. I must admit the almond butter does look a bit 'urgh' but I'm sure it tastes good.
    B x

    ReplyDelete