Sunday 25 December 2011

The Original Purpose of the Shopping List

Karin has been my best friend since we were at Junior School fifty years ago.  When she came to stay this summer she had made me a beautiful quilt to celebrate.  Different presents had been working through my mind for a while but I had not come up with an idea that I was happy with.  The theme of a friend for all seasons had been mulling round in my mind and the idea of a painted item with changeable seasonal pictures crystalised into the rather practical shopping list.  Autumn and Winter were easy decisions.  The Spring and Summer took a bit more thinking and will be following shortly.  The photo of the 'shabby' label is not brilliant unfortunately.  I have some lovely, lovely friends but Karin will always be that special person - we have shared our growing up years and all the ups and downs of fifty years.  We have done so many things together from baking cakes to jumping out of aeroplanes.  We gave birth to sons just a few weeks apart and we have had a lifetime of laughter even though we live hundreds of miles apart.  She is an incredible person and has always been a true and wonderful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment