Sunday 20 May 2018

A slow start to Sunday but finished on a roll

I didn't make a list today but would have had a lot of things to cross off if I had. After having a lazy start to the day I knuckled down to the ironing. Not too much to do - but it still needs to go upstairs.

Alex and Will got the keys to the house on Friday but it needs quite a bit of cleaning.  The previous tenants had two pets (the agreement says no pets) so Alex spent quite a lot of time scrubbing. There's still quite some to do though. She starts her new job tomorrow so they are staying here until the house is sorted (the boiler isn't working either).

I was pleased to get the project bag finished. It was meant to be a quick thing but Max had hidden the lining fabric.


The new fabric is different. I'll find the original one day.

I made a couple of trays of lasagne for suppers this week for me and for Will & Alex. There are plenty of vegetables in it and it will be served with salad.
Then I moved on to the hanging basket, planting it with trailing fuchsias this year.

I haven't quite planned out where I'm going to plant the climbing plants, or rather what order they will go in along the fence. I got some honeysuckle, a rambling rose, and two clematis, one pink and one white.



I will put the rose near the seating area I think because it is 'highly fragrant' according to the label. I'm going to make a secret garden at one end of my little patch. I'll take some before and after pictures. It may take me some time......

I stopped for a quick bite to eat at lunchtime.  A pork and apple pie from the local farm shop - gorgeous it was with thin crispy pastry, a meaty pork filling and topped with caramelised apples.
Alex, bless her, helped me paint the first part of the fence, even though she had been working at the house all day.  Actually I think she painted more than I did in the end, Will did a bit more tidying around the lawn - I've just bought a new lawn mower as I haven't had a lawn for some years, but John purloined that yesterday. It was cut on the highest setting and now needs a good rake.

So now everyone is quietly tired - Will has just made some burgers, as the urge suddenly took him, so we are going to have some ginger beer/beer and cheeseburgers to end a busy day.
Let's just hope my poor unfit body, with the unusually physical day and the not so healthy food doesn't protest too much tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment