Thursday 5 July 2018

Feeling positive

It is much easier to feel good when the sun is shining. It's starting to work its magic. So is managing my diet/lifestyle - I'm not going full vegan but I am enjoying the simplicity of this book. No recipe has more than seven ingredients, yet they taste amazing.
The last couple of weeks have been a roller-coaster of emotions. My brother, the wedding, my last baby flying the nest, a flare-up of my back, computer problems at work.....

So settled back in my home I have been taking stock. The latest flare up of my back, happening just before I left for the wedding, the long flight and the long walks left me in a lot of pain.  John has been fantastic and the problem is back under control again.

I suppose the sobering things - my 64th birthday while we were away, not being able to enjoy walks in the lovely countryside, struggling to climb the stairs, smiling when I wanted to cry and crying when I wanted to smile, wondering whether the pain was here to stay, spending a holiday with my amazing and beautiful boys - all these made me reflect on my life and how I choose to live it. Heedless or mindful?

So enough of the philosophising. Get back to reality - be positive you silly old goat!

Apart from the crochet squares, which have been a hooky saviour I haven't done much at all. The pile is getting higher though and I'm loving it.  I have some fabric ready to cut to make a couple of little project bags. I got a pattern from Sandra at Cherry Heart. I particularly love the bee motif and this may be sneaking into other projects

 
(picture from Cherry Heart Blog)

I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my buttons and have lots of designs planned for them.  This afternoon I'm going to bake some lovely cookies for the ladies at the class - I've missed them and am really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Until next time xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment