Thursday 14 February 2019

Stretching back into my space

My house is not big (or that small I suppose) but it has been a tight fit for the past month with 3 adults and 2 children (one bathroom and loo!).  Yesterday John and Steph got their house far enough to be able to move into and slept their first night there.Well John Steph and Max did because Ben was staying with his cousin for a sleepover. Max is in hospital today to have his adenoids removed and grommets re-fitted. They had to be at hospital for 7am this morning.  It is impossible to explain to an autistic 3 year old that he is not able to eat before the operation so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they take him down early this morning.  I'm waiting patiently for updates and am going to sew to keep my mind from conjuring up horrid pictures of the operation.
I've marked out some fabric and layered on to some bosal to make a bag with good structure. I've been working on a design which was inspired by something I saw (I can't remember where) a while ago and did a quick sketch, adapting it to my taste.  It is a raw edge machined flower, which is unusual for me.
Claire is covering my shift at work today as I've done a lot of extra duties for Steph over the past couple of weeks. Bit tired to say the least but I'm enjoying and really appreciating the space and quiet in the house!

John and I (well more John) rushed round like mad things yesterday. After a morning in the main clinic at Newcastle we rushed down to the satellite clinic near Peterlee (we hire a room in a business centre) to put up a new bed and shelves in the larger room we now occupy.
John (literally out of breath as he turned the last screw in the white unit seconds before the first patient arrived)
Originally we were in a little room but we have expanded to this more pleasant area.  We have enough room to put in a scan station and admin area too.  A few more little decorative additions will make this a lovely space to treat the expanding number of patients we are getting.

John has booked a quick trip to Spain over Easter - he richly deserves the break. I'm so proud of the way he conducts himself, running his own business, caring for his little family. He works so hard at work and at home.  I am in awe of his dedication.

Later...... 

Max has had his operation which was a bit more complicated than they thought. I'm hoping they will still be able to get him home today.  I feel a bit overwhelmed by it all - goodness knows how John and Steph are. 

I've managed to stitch the fabric to the bosal but I don't like the way it looks so I'm going to use wadding and interfacing instead.  Hey ho back to the drawing board. Where is my stitch ripper?

Never mind I'll finish the lawn baby quilt top - so pretty but quite flimsy - about 42" x 36"- maybe it should have had an extra couple of rows?? Too late!
I'll get it layered at the weekend and maybe take it to Karin's when I visit a week today - we're going to Unravel at the Farnham Maltings.  And we may have a glass or two of wine as well.

Later still.........

Max is out of hospital - they swung by on the way home to pick up some essentials which they'd left in my lockup, i.e. the TV stand. Max was very pale and subdued but he has come through it safe and sound. Apparently his adenoids were really infected and were 'pulling' his ear drums in. Poor little chap.  I was so pleased to see him I'm afraid there were a few tears.  I hadn't realised how tense I was today and I didn't sleep much last night either.

So I'm off to bake some cookies for class tonight and I'll be back later to sleep in my own bed again, stretched out like a pussy cat.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone xxxx😘😘😘





No comments:

Post a Comment