Monday 2 April 2018

Well it's Summer on the Blog

I know it's not summer out there - boy do I know that - but I thought a little change in theme on the blog would be appropriate.  It's a work in progress so expect changes.  I'm trying to do more designing so I'll be working on the title bar next so that it fits in better with the theme.  When I first started I didn't know how to do anything at all!  I would like to be able to attach patterns but I can't do this on Blogger as far as I know. I want to have my own background themes so that I don't have to rely on third parties for them, although there are some fabulous themes out there.

As I write this the rain is lashing against the window but I am snug and cosy wrapped up in my 'almost finished' Moorland Blanket.  I ran out of the colour I'm using for the edge.
I've loved doing this blanket but it's finished now and I'm enjoying its replacement. The corner to corner design is so easy to do. It's literally chain stitches and trebles. No foundation row either. I've finished the first 100gram ball, since this was taken.
However I must get to grips with some more quilting designs for the class.  This week I gave them the pattern for the May Mini Quilt but I haven't actually finished stitching it myself. Bad Teacher. The June one should be underway by now too....

We had choccy cupcakes at the class on Thursday - just a quiet affair this week, six of us.
The first batch I made went flat for some reason - I have no idea why!
Can you see the difference? They were more like brownies than sponge cake. The hens enjoyed them!

So this is just a quick Easter Monday update. I still have chocolate left - shock, horror.  I also have a bottle of Orkney Stout for tonight (my easter 'egg' from John).  I'm going to continue pottering quietly because tomorrow is the start of five days crammed into four at the clinic! No gaps, no let up. Maybe I should save a bit of chocolate for each night when I get home - just for the energy you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment