Wednesday 28 March 2018

Taking things a bit more gently

I'm just emerging from my sick bed - almost inevitable considering the soaking I got on Sunday. I felt fine until Monday tea time and then it hit me.  I spent yesterday in bed, sipping water and sleeping on and off. Achy head, sore throat, achy everywhere else, dodgy in places you won't want to hear about. Even if I'm healthy for the rest of the year I will always remember 2018 as The Year of Poorly.  But now the sun is shining and I have emerged. Despite the fact that there is a heap of stuff all round the house waiting for the carpet to be fitted in the spare room (aka Will's gym) I am not stressing about the mess.

I had an unexpected couple of hours off last Friday afternoon so I went to see my friend Jan at the Cotton Tree. She was having a fund-raising event/coffee day on Friday and Saturday. I had a lovely cuppa and cake, won two prizes on the tombola
and of course bought some fabric.
The orange and green are Sandy Gervais autumn colours which are being lovingly stashed to make a log cabin and stars quilts. There are lovely autumnal purples and oranges, golds and greens to work with. I don't know when I'll start this as there is so much to be done! The green snowflake is there for Christmas stockings.  I like to have simple 'main' fabrics so the designs show up well. I also like to have the fabric there for when the fancy takes me - whatever time of the year. The other two fabrics are from Nancy Halvorsen.  I have quite a collection of her fabrics - some sadly no more than scraps. I love her simple designs.  They are so easy to work with.

The carpet fitter is coming tomorrow so hopefully everything will be back in time for the Easter Break.  We were all going to get together to have afternoon tea on Sunday but at the moment eating is not very high up my list of things to do.

Now my Moorland Blanket is nearly complete I'm looking round so something to do.  My eyes set upon a corner to corner crochet blanket.
This is just a picture from the internet.  I wanted to do something that was colourful but didn't involve sewing in lots of ends.
I ordered this from the Wool Warehouse. I haven't really worked with highly variegated yarn before and hope the transition from one colour to another is not too sudden.  I don't really want it to look to 'splashy' It's 100% acrylic which is easy to work with. The joy of the Corner to Corner method is that you know when you are half way when you have used half the yarn because the second half is a mirror image of the first and you'll always end up with a square.  I've ordered six balls but if it looks like it will be too small I can order some more.

So now I am going to try a little something to eat. Wish me luck chaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment