Monday 4 June 2018

A new blankie for Sandy - Wedding Part One

Looking after the boys when John and Steph got married was part pleasure and part pain.  My back flared up again last week but the pleasure of being with the boys more than made up for that.
John and his best man Chris waiting for the girls to come out. This wedding was the civil bit - only them and their witnesses.
 Steph's dress was so pretty
Just about to leave for the registry office. They have more pictures which I'll share later. Part Two of the Wedding Celebrations will take place in Spain later this month when 25 of us jet out to Sayalonga for a romantic ceremony in the mountains above the south coast of Spain. Neither ceremonies are formal - just two people in love.  Ahhhhh.

Of course I had to take something to do - my hands don't like being idle. Ben is fascinated by my crochet and asked if I could make a blankie for his little dog Sandy.  Sandy came from Ikea when Ben was a tiny little chap.  John called in on the way home from work when they had just bought the house and picked him up. He is a bit worse for wear now and all his stuffing is disintegrating. He goes everywhere with Ben. Could he have a blue blankie please?

When I got home I dug out my Stylecraft Special - collected over the past few years. I don't use blue much and most of the collection came with other colours when I made the first couple of blankets (from Attic 24)
 I worked on it during Saturday afternoon, evening and Sunday morning.
 I finished it off when I got back from shopping and delivered it to Sandy in the afternoon.
He looked snug and cosy. But sometime else borrowed it for a snooze
He had exhausted himself running around, playing on the trampoline Steph's dad bought for him
But he also like the water table Steph got him. He likes to sit in it. (And put his rabbit in the water). Here he is testing it without water.
So I didn't get much stitching done this weekend but look at this beauty which Karen has been working on at High Street Quilting
There's a lot of quilting to be done but it looks fantastic. Each little cornerstone is pieced if you look carefully and Karen's work is so neat and precise.

Last night I made some juices to take to work with me. I'd love to be able to do them first thing in the morning but it takes about an hour to prepare them. I know I should eat my fruit and vegetables but in the real world I just don't. Having juices for a week re-sets my body, making me feel and look much better.
They are all bottled up ready to go. Beetroot, Carrot and Orange for the red one and Kale, Apple, Celery and Ginger for the green one.
 The herbs are all in full flower
The chives are so pretty.  I think the fruit trees are starting to blossom - so late this year.

So now it is back to work - the rhythm of life continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment