Friday 24 August 2012

Oh no - spending again!

I was craving a bit of peace and quiet this morning so I decided to go up to Stichin' Heaven on the 697 for a browse (I'm kidding - I wanted to get some fabric).  I spent a bit more time on my own in the car than I expected because there had been a crash on the Southbound side of the A1 and everyone was slowing down to have a look.  Strange things aren't we?  It took an hour to cover seven miles.  

Anyhoo I arrived at the shop and picked up some lovely country purples and golds that I REALLY needed.  Then, as it was well gone lunch time by then I decided to call in at the Milkhope Centre at Blagdon for a spot of lunch.  Mmm, ham and cheese flan with salad and a delicious mug of coffee.  Of course it would have been rude to leave without having a quick peep in the Pine and Cane shop.  Lo and behold they had a little milk jug that I had been looking for since my friend gave me a mug a couple of birthdays ago. Joy!  By the time I had called in to the farm shop for a piece of beef so our Sunday lunch I was feeling rather spent up.


Oh and the postman delivered the Sizzix dies I had ordered last week.  I better check my bank balance to make sure I can get the shopping in for this 5 week month.

I put my name down to the the Cosy Autumn Swap at Blueberry Hearts .  I'm teamed up with Anne at Marmalade and Catmint and I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm a swap virgin and am childishly excited at the prospect of a) having an excuse to make something and b) getting pressies in the post when it's not my birthday!  

I have already sorted a couple of items so I will be getting my head down very happily this weekend for the other things.

2 comments:

  1. that little jug is sooo cute, love it! so pleased you are excited over the swap - I am too, I love autumn and hallowe'en and I'll be starting this weekend as the weather here is awful so a perfect excuse!
    Happy crafting, and thanks again for joining the swap!
    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Stitchin' Heaven, it's a veritable treasure trove of interesting fabrics. I'm very jealous that you popped into the Milk Hope Centre. It's been too long since I've been there. I think I need a sweet little jug too so as soon as the kids have gone back to school I'm going to head over. X

    ReplyDelete