Tuesday 7 August 2018

Working hard relaxing

I had such a productive day yesterday.  After a quick trip to the accountant to get some basic training on a new software package the day was mine, all mine!!

First of all I went to the Crafts House at Marley Hill to pick up some paints as I have a couple of memory boxes to do and needed a good supply of my favourite Light Buttermilk
Image result for Americana paint Light Buttermilk
The new lady was really friendly and I really hope she makes a good business of it but it wasn't the same...... I suppose it is unfair to compare her with the fabulous and amazing experience I had with Sandra because she seems to do quite different crafts. Not so interesting for me but as I say I hope she has a very successful time there.

A quick detour to Bayberry Hollow for a coffee and some cheesecake
Lemon Brûlée cheesecake to be more accurate - sweet, sharp, light, crisp, unctuous - all that and more.  They have a Tapas night every first Friday of the month so I might offer my babysitting services for John and Steph although they said September is completely booked already.

I arrived back home - where to start? Squeak. So many things on my list.   I'd already started the summer design for my notebook toppers

so I set up the paints to complete them.  One for my kitchen and one for Karin's. The same but different. I hadn't put a little front door on to the Beehive but that was easily sorted this morning. I'll wrap hers and send it to her today along with a few other goodies.
The summer topper was cut by my Laser Man, the other three by the Amazing Woodcutter David (by hand). I also designed the summer topper on my computer and didn't measure the height of the other seasons so it does look a little different but you don't normally see them all together like this.  I did the first one is 2011 so it has only taken 7 years to complete the set!
Whilst I had the paints out I added some finishing touches to the BAKE lettering I have been doing forever.

A little shading around the edges and some pen-stitching add a nice little detail.  I'll get them sealed and put up today so you'll have to wait for the Ta-Dah!  I also undercoated a little heart that I'm painting for one of Steph's friends who has just had a little rather large girl.

I finished writing a tutorial for the glasses/rotary cutter case so if you'd like to make one have a look at the tab along the top - next to 'Gratitudes'.  I loved making these.  Putting a loop on I think made it rather complicated but I didn't have any press-studs. I'll put them on my shopping list!
I'm still having a love-affair with linen and lawn and plan to make a little bag for class this week.  I got on well with hand-quilting the last bit of the little sewing machine cover and, save for a couple of 'bee-paths' to be embroidered, it is ready to be made up.  Fingers crossed I have done the measurements properly!

I was up with the lark this morning - an owl kept me awake off and on last night - but I still feel refreshed and ready to start the day running.  This relaxing thing is quite hard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment