Sunday 5 August 2018

A lovely week ahead

Sooo.... I don't normally take time off so close together, what with being in Spain for the wedding in June but, after all happenings at the time it wasn't the most relaxing event.  So this coming week is my absolute chill out week!  I have everything and nothing planned. If I want to do it I will, if I don't then I won't. Stitching time is not affected though - I have lots of things swirling around in my head and some serious needle time is in order daily.

As I was meeting Sandra yesterday and it was her birthday last week I decided to make a little gift - I haven't seen her on her birthday for quite some time - shame on me!
Yesterday we were at a workshop at High Street Quilting, making a sea-scape picture with recycled fabrics.  (I'll try and publish a clearer picture at a later date when it is finished). I enjoyed being there with some old friends and the day was fun - varying between lots of chatter and companionable silence as we concentrated on our pieces. I have a lot of stitching to add to this and some tidying to do to the shape. I'm hoping this will improve the contrast and define the shapes more, otherwise it may end up in a cupboard as a memory of a lovely day out but not worthy of display!
The materials were a mixture of recycled clothes, scarves, tablecloths and doilies with some sheep fleece thrown in (some from an alpaca called 'Wanderer' who lives in Australia)
The lady running the class was Laura Edgar and if you click on the link you will be able to see some lovely examples of her work.  She also sells prints on Etsy I think.

So that was a good start to my week ahead.

As I'm chilling out this week I'll be blogging more often, so you'll be able to see if I've been using my time wisely.  I do plan to have time to sit and stare into space too!  Now it's half past eight on Sunday morning and I've been enjoying the quiet at the start of the day with the sun shining into my sitting room. I might schlep into the kitchen and make some breakfast now. I have a bit of clearing to do as my table is full of the week's junk. But the hand quilting on my sewing machine cover is calling to me with a slighter louder voice
I don't think I'll be able to ignore that.

No comments:

Post a Comment